Hospitalist Jobs in Alabama
Wednesday · December 19, 2018
1 Job in The Cotton State
Photo: Skyline view of Birmingham from Railroad Park.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Tuskegee) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Acls) and Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Tuskegee Campus -7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM Normal work schedule is twelve (12) hour shifts on a 7 day on/7 day off schedule.
- Physicians, including residents, appointed to direct patient-care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required.
- Applicant selected for this position may be eligible.
- Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
- Salary Range: Up to $264,000 per year.
- Hospitalist needed to care for our Veterans - Great Benefits!
- Montgomery Campus - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM Normal work schedule is twelve (12) hour shifts on an a 7 day on/7 day off schedule.
- Must meet basic qualification standards for appointment.
- Work Schedule: Flexibility of a compressed work schedule is available.
- The applicant should be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine/Family Medicine, and experienced at management of medical conditions requiring hospitalization, and interested in engaging in ongoing process improvement with respect to measures of quality care, patient safety, patient satisfaction, patient and family education, utilization management cost control.
- Normal work schedule is twelve (12) hour shifts on a 7 day on/7 day off schedule.
- English Language Proficiency.
- A pre-placement physical examination shall be completed prior to appointment to determine the physical and mental fitness for candidates for appointment in VA.
- Licensure and Registration.
- Physical Standards.
- The Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (Cavhcs) located in Montgomery and Tuskegee, AL is seeking two energetic full-time permanent Physician-Hospitalists.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Tuskegee, AL.
- The physician-hospitalist will provide teaching experiences for students and residents.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Candidate must provide complete credentials and privileging information in a timely expeditious way.
- The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure.
- The physician-hospitalist is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's acute care needs and coordinates subspecialty evaluation and treatment.
- Otherwise Rotating Tours (determined by coverage needs).
- Clinical privileges must be recommended by the chief, staff/professional standards board as granted by the Director of Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System.
- Citizen of the United States.
- Terminal physical examinations of applicants separated from the United States Armed Forces within 90 days of appointment may be substituted for a pre-employment physical exam.
- Board eligibility or board certification in Internal medicine is required.
- A pre-placement examination is required.
- J1 visa, H1B visa and Green card holders will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- The provider has responsibilities for the evaluation, care, and disposition of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, determining need for hospitalization or transferring the patient to another facility.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- The physician-hospitalist is accountable to the Associate Chief of Staff for Acute Care & Specialties and the Chief of Staff.
This perm job opening was posted
6 weeks ago